Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Hurray!!! Card making finally

Hello everyone! I am back to making cards and will show more later but I wanted to showcase this card I made for my friend who's having a birthday on the 14th and she loves anything hot and with a beach.



Tic Tac Toe-Choose any row from above
Butterfly Challenge- Denim Blue, Dark Salmon, Dimension, Die Cut
Stamplorations Challenge-Theme and Sketch-Things with wings
Simon Says-Animal Magic
Crafty Creations-Anything Goes

I chose Flip Flops, Sunset, Free-butterflies is my choice for that spot for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge but I incorporated the colours and added dimension for the butterfly challenge. Since there is actually no sketch and the theme is things with wings for Stamplorations, butterflies fit perfectly. I also consider butterflies magical which seems to fit the Simon Says theme.

I took glossy white card and sponged on colours to make a sunset. I stamped the images in a navy blue. I had a flip flop sticker which I adhered to a salmon glitter card piece and cut it out. I just bought a new die cut leaf pattern which I used on 3 different card stock pieces in blue and glued it to the corner. I added the gold edging, a salmon coloured butterfly and a little bling. I think this looks a little magical.

Since my mom died plus the accident and the bathroom disaster, I have been having a hard time picking my butt off the sofa but I am getting my groove back. I know Mother's day is close so that will be hard. Funny what we miss, I miss her shoulder to cry on.


33 comments:

  1. And we don't realize how bad we'll miss it.
    That card is just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we don’t know. Glad you like the card

      Delete
  2. Nice to see you making cards again!

    I remember the empty feeling I had on the first Mother's Day after my mom died just before Christmas of 2009. I set up at a local flea market every Sunday, and on Mother's Day I used to leave the flea market, head for my mom's, and then take her to a restaurant for dinner. All these years later, it still feels weird to just head right home after the flea market closes on Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, I see my mom every time I go upstairs and I feel weird not going to the home to be with her.

      Delete
  3. Wow Birgit that’s a stunner I love you background is fabulous...so hot and bright ...your friend is in for a treat when she opens her envelope....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother maintains that Mother's Day is so hard for her after the passing of her mother. Even though it was 40 years ago, it was sudden. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Birgit - lovely card and I'm sure your friend will be so chuffed ... fun flip flops ... and am so glad you're feeling easier ... it's just not easy when one's parents have gone ... take care - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like my card and I hope she will like my card.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful and love those fiery colours. Lost both of my parents now but this year will be the first yr without Dad to make a card for. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you like my card. It is hard isn’t it? Wishing you hugs

      Delete
  7. Sure went above and beyond with that one. Great card indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tic-tac-toe challenge is a fun idea! I like what you created from your choices. Your friend's going to love it!

    Cheers to Our Moms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mother's Day is one of my hardest days of the year too. I'll be thinking of you.
    Glad you're back to card making, and I'm sending warm hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn’t think it would be hitting me like this but it is. Thank you for your kind words

      Delete
  10. Your sunset sky is so beautiful, Birgit. I love how you stamped silhoutte images around the sky and the gold edges give the card gorgeous retro look. So glad you're back to craft , you are a very talented cardmaker. I'm sorry for your loss. Sending my prayer to you. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Blessings.
    Marge xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I’m glad you like my card and my creativity😊

      Delete
  11. Fantastic, Birgit. I love it!
    Glad you're coming back. I'll be thinking of you on Mother's Day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am creating more so that’s good.

      Delete
  12. This birthday card is fabulous. It is bright and beachy, too.

    It's been a rough few months for you, but I was thrilled to read you are finally getting your life back on track again. I just hope Mother's Day isn't too hard on you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you like my card and yes, I’m getting back to creating. I will be reflecting quite a bit on Sunday

      Delete
  13. That is such an adorable card! Your friend will like it. I cried a lot the first Mother's Day without my mom. Just go with the flow, whatever it might be, even if it is a lot of tears.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I plan on going with the flow. I am thinking of special memories

      Delete
  14. Beautiful card! That's one after my own heart. I love anything and everything beach related.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! Beach is your fun and glad you,like the card. I wonder if there are any haunted beaches?

      Delete
  15. Actually....you could make a themed tic tac toe card.
    Birthday: balloons, present, cake, etc.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many ideas that come to mind

      Delete
  16. It's so good to see you back Birgit, creativity will help soothe your sadness too. Your card is so lovely and perfect for our things with wings challenge over at STAMPlorations too. Take it easy and sending hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete