Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blue and White-I LOVE Blue







http://hjcchallenge.blogspot.ca/2014/02/snow-much-fun.html -Snow Much Fun

http://sparklesforumchristmaschallenge.blogspot.ca/2014/02/ch37-anything-goes-its-our-3rd.html - Anything Goes + Blog Hop
http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.ca/2014/02/the-most-wonderful-time-of-year.html -Most Wonderful Time of the Year
http://christmascardsallyearround.blogspot.ca/2014/02/february-challenge.html - Blue and White
http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.ca/2014/02/d-for-die-cuts.html -Die Cuts
http://52cct.blogspot.ca/2014/02/metallic-papers-challenge.html - Metallic Papers
http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.ca/2014/02/challenge-257-keep-it-simple.html - Keep It Simple
http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.ca/2014/02/mim-180-with-kenny-k.html - Anything Goes

OK I have one thing to say-Yippeeeeeee for Canada!!! We won the gold in Hockey for Womens and men's!!! I don't watch Hockey normally but I loved it that they won:) Now on to my cards. I used a dark blue and another blue(really nice paper). I used the cuddlebug and a die cut to cut out the branches and placed them around like a wreath.I added the bow and tada! The next card I used tombow markers and cut out the design and mounted it on top for a 3d effect. I also used crystals and glitter. The 3rd card is simple. I added glitter to the white for the border. I stamped and embossed the reindeer in white sparkle and mounted the card on the white paper. The 4th card I had fun! I made it a snowy fun day with the polar bears ice dancing with the mountains behind them. I used a dark blue felt with glitter for the midnight sky and the shiny paper for the ice:) The last card took the longest. I used prisma pencils for the colouring. I never used my dove stamp before and highlighted the doves in glitter. I used the cuddlebug for the embossing window look and coloured that and glittered it up a bit. I used this nice white paper behind it and when you open the doors you see this angel which I coloured, cut out and placed it behind the doors. I used crystals on her dress as well. This took some time. So enjoyed the Olympics but missed quite a bit of it. Always love it and one day would love to try the bobsled-with a professional of course.





15 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards Brigit. I saw thse on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic set of cards! Blue is one of my favorite colors and I love it for the holidays! Saw it on MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Brigit. I spotted this on MIM. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful Christmas cards, thank you for joining us and preparing for that Special Time of Year
    hugs Kate xx
    Winter Wonderland DT
    ps I have some new release candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, thanks for entering our challenge at Sparkles Christmas Challenge, good luck.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, I saw it on MIM. #2

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all absolutely stunning!!! I love all the different metallic papers you used! Gorgeous work! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :) Hugs! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're on a roll! I think they are all just lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    I really enjoyed the Olympics too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards for CCAYR February blue and white challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - you could also enter these into my CHNC challenge extra for February - I'd love to see them there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you do love Blue and I can see why! Lots of gorgeous cards - love all the different designs. The first one is my absolute favorite. Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all to beautiful, Brigit! Love how you've incorporated the metallic elements in your project, and so elegantly too!
    Thanks for joining the February Stash challenge at 52 {C}CT.
    Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic cards, the gold snwflake/wreath on the dark blue is my favourite. Thanks for joining in with our metallic papers challenge this week at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that are a lot of lovely cards! The first one is my favourit. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards you have been busy! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete